JimsWinterBlog

Friday, March 20, 2009

Blue Bird Day #2!

5 AM. Yipp! Yipp! Ooooooo!

Coyotes out on the golf course. Confirmed later as one coyote hunted in the grass, repeatedly leaping into the air, and pouncing down on unsuspecting breakfast morsels. A ski instructor later confirmed that they were common, and that he had seen two wolves on the golf course earlier this year, plus one next to the spur road to Big Sky! Cool! Canine predators keeping the herbivores in check. I like it!

The Big Sky weather report was once again deceptive. Partly cloudy, showers, r, questionable skiing weather, at the very least. NOT. It was a clear blue sky that greeted us at the mountain, followed by more clear blue sky, and more.

Ann and I skied together all morning, and I broke out my best Warren Miller impression, capturing her snowboarding prowess in the magnificent scenery of Big Sky. For those of you in the know, I am constantly teased about how she NEVER appears in my videos. [NOT TRUE. SHE'S FEATURED IN 'MOONLIGHTING IN MONTANA', A VIDEO YOU CAN SEE ON YOUTUBE, but the myth persists]. Well, I captured lots of footage yesterday, trying to highlight her smooth snowboarding style with backdrops of Spanish Peaks and Lone Peak everywhere we went. The day was so gorgeous, I'm sure the video will be a splash hit, and Warren will be calling me up to sub any day from his Yellowstone Club hideout.

Sorry I have no pictures to go with this blog; it's all video. Perhaps I'll try to download a snippet for ya...but for now, try to imagine the splendor of Big Sky with a blue backdrop!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home