JimsWinterBlog

Monday, December 15, 2014

The rest of the day yesterday was productive.  I even got a nice Douglas fir Christmas tree for $35; the balsam firs cost $145, and in my opinion they were too dense for ornaments.  I haven't decorated it yet.

With a prediction of snow for today, I decided to strap on the boards and make it a ski day.  I haven't been able to run as much as usual this fall due to plantar fasciitis, so I wasn't sure I'd be in shape for it, but I did OK in a shortened day on the slopes:


Didn't want to over-do it on day 1.  The snow flurries were just beginning in the afternoon, but they picked up a bit toward closing time.  I'm not sure whether the snow is going to actually pick up, but it sure did look Christmasy outside as dusk set in.  As you can see by the picture below, they need snow!


This picture was taken under the Challenger chair.  It is often windblown under there, but I've never seen it like this.  Moonlight trail was actually nice, but the traverse into it was a rocky horror picture show.

But tonight this scene is beginning to fill up with snow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home